Differences between the two countries at Victoria Falls:
- Quad bikes and Fishing are only done in Zambia
- Micro lights (engine behind) and tiger moth flights operate from Zambia
- Most of Victoria falls can be seen from Zimbabwe but not from Zambia. (You can walk across the bridge to view from either side but must pay visa and entrance fees.)
- Night game drives and wilderness walking safaris are done from Zimbabwe
- Day trips to Chobe Park in Botswana are easier and cheaper from Zimbabwe
- Multi Day white water rafting trips are done on the Zimbabwe side
- No VAT taxes are added on the Zimbabwe side, if pre-paid before arrival, but is included if payment is made inside the country.
- VAT is paid in Zambia, irrespective
- Discounted Combination Packages are only offered in Zimbabwe
Politics has a minimal effect at this adrenaline junkies mecca. The local population are friendly on both sides of Victoria Falls and safety is not an issue on either side.
You decide which side suits you best, we do the rest